Your children return from camp and for the next several months, you listen to their stories of summer adventure. You practically know by heart the camp songs they sing ceaselessly in the back seat of the car. You are heartened by the affection in their voices when they talk about a friend they made at camp, and how they count the days until they see them again. You take all of this in, and certainly many of you must say to yourself, “Gee, I wish they had a camp for grown-ups and families”
Well, now we do!
Friendly Pines Camp hosts a Family Camp Weekend. This year, the camp will be held the weekend of
Friday, September 4 through Monday, September 7, 2020
(Labor Day Weekend)
The camp is for both families who want to attend or for individuals who want return to summer camp, if only for a weekend.
Tuition: Adults – $295
Children (6-17) – $195
Children 5 and under – Free
Click here to view last year’s schedule. 2020 will be the basically the same.
Families who attend stay in their own cabin. (You will not share with another family, unless you specify to). These are the same cabins that we use for summer camp. We run Family Camp Weekend just like Friendly Pines Summer Camp. Below are some of the activities we offer.
- Horseback Riding: Lots of it. You can ride until your hearts content (or until your rump says NO MORE)
- Challenge: Ride the Zip Line. Try the Giant Swing, the Pita Pass, the Climbing Wall, the Leap of Faith.
- Canoe and Kayak: We will canoe and kayak at both our own lake and Goldwater Lake
- Arts and Crafts: Make a tie dyed shirt
- Fishing: Bass and Catfish in our lake
- Camping: We’ll set up tents for you to camp out if the mood strikes you
- Campfires: Music, skits, s’mores.
- Square Dancing: all the classic “round dances” – White Silver Sands, Patty Cake Polka, Tennessee Wig Walk. Even Virginia Reel.
What Your Tuition Includes: 9 meals (Friday Dinner through Monday Lunch); housing, all the activities, and a special Family Camp Weekend t-shirt for each enrollee. We’re already getting enrollments and space is limited to about 30 families.
Discounts are available. Former staff and campers $100 per family. Current Season Camper Discount – $100. One discount per family.