After eight decades of camping, our camp remains firmly fixed on a philosophy that embraces the following principles:
- Maintain a safe, caring environment in which a child feels happy, secure, and appreciated as an individual.
- Select staff of outstanding role models, who are worthy of the campers’ trust in them.
- Offer a non-competitive program allowing each camper to succeed at his or her own pace.
- Provide campers with the opportunity to make meaningful choices.
Teach campers the skills required for living in a group setting.
- Foster a camper’s appreciation for the beauty and value of the natural world.
- Create an environment that encourages independence, self-reliance, and a sense of responsibility.
- Show campers how to develop their own creative, wholesome forms of entertainment.
- Help each camper to identify and cherish his or her unique strengths, talents, and interests, and to seek the best in others.
- Allow campers to learn by doing.
- Offer a low-stress, FUN experience that lets children enjoy all of the wonders of childhood!