Friendly Pines Camp was built on horses. We have one of the most solid and extensive equestrian programs in the nation, as recognized by Town & Country magazine when they selected Friendly Pines Camp as one of the 50 best camps in America.
The program offers the following:
- Western Riding – Most riding takes place on the miles of trails that wind through the adjacent Prescott National Forest.
- English Riding – Greater emphasis on technique; mostly arena work.
- Bareback Riding – A relaxed activity, designed for fun and freedom.
- Mule and Pony Driving – Campers learn to harness a mule or pony and maneuver a two-wheeled cart through the pony cart course.
- Vaulting – Gymnastics on horseback. The vaulting show at the end of the session is one of the highlights.
- Ranch Hands – Campers learn to feed, saddle, groom and care for horses.
- Packing – Campers learn the techniques involved in packing a horse for long hikes and camping.
Most riding activities are offered at elementary, intermediate and advanced levels. Children can ride as much (or as little) as they like at Friendly Pines, with never an extra charge! Our equestrian programs are CHA certified.